a jolt of reality
coffee cup
reality: n. something to be tampered with only after several cups of coffee.

Road to Writing
When I first started, I thought all you had to do is write a book. Can you say *naive*, boys and girls? Join me on my journey as a pre- published writer looking to see my name on the cover of a book. I'll talk about all the bumps, bruises, joys and frustrations I encounter along the way.

current mood

recent posts

archives

progress
Burn Me Once
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
49,500 / 100,000
(49.0%)

Shifting Rhythms

Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
24,000 / 100,000
(24.0%)

credits
Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Image Hosting

Template Design by Miz Graphics

Sunday, May 29, 2005

Just When I Wasn't Paying Attention...

Gina and Kristen tagged me, and I didn't even realize it! Sorry it took so long for me to get to this. (BTW--Love the new blog look, Gina!)

Anyway, here goes:

Total number of books I own: Good question. Unfortunately, I don't have a good answer. I have lots and lots and lots of books...so many, my husband says we'll have to buy a separate house just for my books.

Last book I bought: I bought four books on my last book-buying trip. I went into the store to buy one book--really!--and came out with four. Losing the Moon and Where the River Runs by Patti Callahan Henry, Master of the Moon by Angela Knight, and Guilty Pleasures by Laurell K. Hamilton.

Last book I read: Does this mean in its entirety? That would be Losing the Moon by Patti Callahan Henry. Right now, I'm reading Fire Me Up by Katie MacAlister.

Five books that mean a lot to me: Only five? Hm. I'm trying to think of five books on my shelf, under my bed, in my black hole, and in the millions of other places I've stashed them, that mean something or have made some kind of impact. These probably aren't the same choices I'd make on another day, but here they are off the top of my head:

Night Embrace by Sherrilyn Kenyon - The first book I ever read in the Dark Hunter series, which has spurned many late-night lust-filled reading jags. I'm still waiting impatiently for Talon to tire of Sunshine. (Gawd, I so want to be Sherrilyn Kenyon when I grow up.)

Interview With the Vampire by Anne Rice - My introduction to vampire romance, even though it's not really a romance. But it sure did whet my appetite for vampires. I can't write 'em, but I love to read 'em.

Legend by Jude Deveraux - One of those books most readers either love or hate. I fall in the category of the former, rather than the latter. I love to reread this one (and her A Knight in Shining Armor) and always cry when Kady "reunites" with the very young Cole.

Outlander by Diana Gabaldon - And not just for the wonderful story that immediately captured me and made me want to read on and on and on (and crave a burly red-headed Scot of my very own). I love the story of how this book was published. I love the rules it breaks. But hey, the story's great, too.

First Love, Wild Love by Janelle Taylor - This is the first romance novel I really remember falling in love with, and one of the few older books I truly enjoy returning to and rereading. I'd like to say that this book inspired me to try my hand at writing romance, but I'd be lying. However, I did find my Paula character in IH frequently morphing into a carbon copy of the Selena character from this book, and it took quite a bit for me to make her different. I suppose that says something about the way Ms. Taylor's characters stuck with me.

I know I'm supposed to tag somebody else, but that's going to take some research to find people who haven't yet been tagged. As soon as I can, I'll edit this post and tag somebody!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta-ish, Georgia, United States

I'm a wife, a mom, an operating room nurse, a writer, a hobby photographer, and a music lover who knits and crochets. And I'm fairly certain I've lost my mind.

daily visits
Adro's Mumbling & Bumbling
Cece's Big Mouth
Conversations About Famous People
Cynthia Justlin
Diana's Diversions
A Diva's Journey
Eve Jameson
Four Kids and a Blog
Gina's Ramblings
Jax's Artistic Journey
Jerri's Journey to Publication
Jordan Summers
Kate Rothwell
Larissa's Soapbox
Lori Devoti
Laura Bacchi's Bits
Marie's Blog
Marty Kindall
Road to Publication & Beyond
Sasha White
Sheri Haynes
Silma Pagan
The Soapbox
Southern Gal Goes North
Stephanie Tyler
Sylvia Day
Teresa Harrison
Undefinable Qualities
Yankeebob's Blog

places to visit
Lynn Daniels, Author
Romance Divas
My Webshots Site
Charlotte's Resources for Romance Writers
Romance Writers of America
From the Heart Online Chapter
RWA Online Chapter

music sites
Melodic Rock.com
NEH Records
Vaughn
Final Frontier
STYXworld.com
Journey
Hugo
Harem Scarem

current read
Fire Me Up

shuffling in the cd changer

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com