a jolt of reality
coffee cup
reality: n. something to be tampered with only after several cups of coffee.

Road to Writing
When I first started, I thought all you had to do is write a book. Can you say *naive*, boys and girls? Join me on my journey as a pre- published writer looking to see my name on the cover of a book. I'll talk about all the bumps, bruises, joys and frustrations I encounter along the way.

current mood

recent posts

archives

progress
Burn Me Once
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
49,500 / 100,000
(49.0%)

Shifting Rhythms

Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
24,000 / 100,000
(24.0%)

credits
Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Image Hosting

Template Design by Miz Graphics

Monday, November 22, 2004

Breathe. Just breathe.

That's what my CP Teresa said to me on the phone tonight. Repeatedly. Amid screaming laughter. Because I'm having another female moment. Matter of fact, I considered titling this entry "Female Moment Part II".

Tonight, I came home from a trip to Wal-Mart with the kids, opened Rocky, and downloaded my e-mail. And nearly fell out of my chair.

You see, last month, I put up an entry called Having a Female Moment . A large portion of that post was about the band Final Frontier and my reactions to their lead singer Rob Moratti in the video I downloaded from their site for their song "Lydia".

Right now, I'm a bit giddy (to put it very very mildly), a little embarrassed, and slightly freaked out. Because what I found when I downloaded my e-mail today was an e-mail from Rob Moratti himself. At least, I'm pretty sure it was him, or else somebody is playing a very cruel joke. But I'll go on the assumption it was him.

I won't go into the details of the e-mail, but he did thank me for being a fan, and mentioned my comments put a smile on his face. He also noted they would be shooting another video for a track on their upcoming third CD, High Tension Wire.

So that's why I'm giddy and freaked out. Why am I embarrassed? If you've read my original Female Moment post, you know. When I wrote that post, it never occurred to me that the musicians I mention in my blog would actually read it! Obviously, my first reaction was to go back and read that post. To make sure there was nothing there that would make me wear a bag over my head if I ever had the opportunity to see Final Frontier live.

Thankfully, nothing too bad, but all the drooly faces (in my BraveJournal version of this blog) did give me pause. And I can't help but wonder what he thought when he saw it. Thank goodness I can laugh at myself! (And please, Teresa, no napkin comments!)

So, Mr. Rob Moratti, if you were brave enough to come back again, thanks so much for your wonderful e-mail. You've made my day, my week, my month, and quite possibly, my year.

2 Comments:

  • Wow! That is so cool that Rob e-mailed you. I remember your "Female Moment" post. I'll bet you are pretty wound up.

    One of the reasons I don't post real names of friends and acquaintances is that a Google search could find them. I'm not altogether sure some of the people I know/knew would be too enthused about being immortalized, so I keep it safe. Maybe that's how he found your Blog?

    I'd love to be 'found' by one of the celebrities whose names I've posted. Well, maybe not the ones from this mornings post.

    By Blogger Yankeebob, at 9:39 AM  

  • Bob -- that's most certainly how he found my blog. He said as much in his e-mail. And yes, I'm wound up. Grinning like a fool. Amazing -- and a little scary -- how just one e-mail can do that to me. (And I don't want to even think about what one of the celebrities from your most recent post might say to you!)

    By Blogger Lynn, at 12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta-ish, Georgia, United States

I'm a wife, a mom, an operating room nurse, a writer, a hobby photographer, and a music lover who knits and crochets. And I'm fairly certain I've lost my mind.

daily visits
Adro's Mumbling & Bumbling
Cece's Big Mouth
Conversations About Famous People
Cynthia Justlin
Diana's Diversions
A Diva's Journey
Eve Jameson
Four Kids and a Blog
Gina's Ramblings
Jax's Artistic Journey
Jerri's Journey to Publication
Jordan Summers
Kate Rothwell
Larissa's Soapbox
Lori Devoti
Laura Bacchi's Bits
Marie's Blog
Marty Kindall
Road to Publication & Beyond
Sasha White
Sheri Haynes
Silma Pagan
The Soapbox
Southern Gal Goes North
Stephanie Tyler
Sylvia Day
Teresa Harrison
Undefinable Qualities
Yankeebob's Blog

places to visit
Lynn Daniels, Author
Romance Divas
My Webshots Site
Charlotte's Resources for Romance Writers
Romance Writers of America
From the Heart Online Chapter
RWA Online Chapter

music sites
Melodic Rock.com
NEH Records
Vaughn
Final Frontier
STYXworld.com
Journey
Hugo
Harem Scarem

current read
Fire Me Up

shuffling in the cd changer

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com