a jolt of reality
coffee cup
reality: n. something to be tampered with only after several cups of coffee.

Road to Writing
When I first started, I thought all you had to do is write a book. Can you say *naive*, boys and girls? Join me on my journey as a pre- published writer looking to see my name on the cover of a book. I'll talk about all the bumps, bruises, joys and frustrations I encounter along the way.

current mood

recent posts

archives

progress
Burn Me Once
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
49,500 / 100,000
(49.0%)

Shifting Rhythms

Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
24,000 / 100,000
(24.0%)

credits
Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Image Hosting

Template Design by Miz Graphics

Monday, January 17, 2005

I'm gonna lose

Hm. Guess I should have added the word weight there, huh? [g]

It's been a busy few days for me. Completed the character building workshop with Millie Criswell at RWAOL, and finished it with a bang. She liked my character sketches for Jackson and Rebecca in SR (Shifting Rhythms).

Still doing Around a Book in 180 Days with the From the Heart RWA chapter. We're on week three of that one. I'm also in a workshop with them about plotting. That one starts tomorrow and runs for a week.

Not too long ago, I also joined the Eastside RWA Chapter after seeing a post come through the lists about their 2005 Year of Craft. They've got monthly online workshops planned for just about every writing subject.

Yes, I'm becoming a workshop junkie. When I get interested in something, I tend to read everything on the subject I can get my hands on. I want to learn everything I can. What better way to do that than to take interactive workshops?

But back to my title. Another thing I did over the past few days was attend my first Weight Watchers meeting. Some of the people I've mentioned this to have looked at me and said, "Boy, I'll bet they just loved you there!" or "You're probably at most of their goal weight." Okay. While I admit I'm a little smaller than most of the people attending that meeting, that doesn't make my resolve to lose weight any less.

Last spring I broke my ankle playing soccer with my daughter's team. While I recovered, I had to stay on my butt with my foot elevated. Hard to stay in shape when your butt's planted on the couch. And as a result, I put a few pounds on. Almost like that first pound found me sitting still then ran off to convince a bunch of his friends to join him in taking up residence on my hips and thighs. Why is it weight is so much easier to gain than it is to lose?

Anyway, I've been on the program since last Thursday, and so far, doing pretty well. Haven't gone over my points, and I'll be restarting my exercise program tomorrow or Tuesday (depending on if my kids leave me alone). I'm alternating Pilates, yoga and Tae Bo.

I will dump this weight!

I will learn to plot out my stories better!

And I will finish the two books I'm working on right now (BMO and SR) in 2005!

3 Comments:

  • Weight is so much easier to gain because it's so much more fun. Being lazy, eating everything, drinking 22 Pepsi's a day, that's how I did it.

    Those injuries will get you. I had a workout machine that I used daily and then afterward I would run 2 miles. I did this routine every day for 3 years. Then while playing softball for one of the 3 teams I was on one year, I injured my achilles in my right ankle. That took months to rehab. After that, I was sooo out of my routine that it never recovered. Now, I struggle to get going again.

    I know how you feel.

    By Blogger Yankeebob, at 11:52 AM  

  • Oh man! I forgot I belong to RWAOL too. I wish I could have taken that workshop with Millie Criswell. *sighs* Tonight I'm taking a workshop on "Plot and Pacing" with Kayla Perrin at Romance Diva's (http://www.romancedivas.com/"). Have fun at the workshops, Lynn!!!

    By Blogger Silma, at 2:17 PM  

  • You are so right on just how hard it is. I did get a DVD with Yoga, Pilates and Bally Ball..I find that I picked a couple of the Pilates exercises and do the Bally Ball.. I have not lost much weight but some clothes are fitting "differently". Now, keeping it up for a lifestyle change will be the trick.

    By Blogger Sharon, at 10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta-ish, Georgia, United States

I'm a wife, a mom, an operating room nurse, a writer, a hobby photographer, and a music lover who knits and crochets. And I'm fairly certain I've lost my mind.

daily visits
Adro's Mumbling & Bumbling
Cece's Big Mouth
Conversations About Famous People
Cynthia Justlin
Diana's Diversions
A Diva's Journey
Eve Jameson
Four Kids and a Blog
Gina's Ramblings
Jax's Artistic Journey
Jerri's Journey to Publication
Jordan Summers
Kate Rothwell
Larissa's Soapbox
Lori Devoti
Laura Bacchi's Bits
Marie's Blog
Marty Kindall
Road to Publication & Beyond
Sasha White
Sheri Haynes
Silma Pagan
The Soapbox
Southern Gal Goes North
Stephanie Tyler
Sylvia Day
Teresa Harrison
Undefinable Qualities
Yankeebob's Blog

places to visit
Lynn Daniels, Author
Romance Divas
My Webshots Site
Charlotte's Resources for Romance Writers
Romance Writers of America
From the Heart Online Chapter
RWA Online Chapter

music sites
Melodic Rock.com
NEH Records
Vaughn
Final Frontier
STYXworld.com
Journey
Hugo
Harem Scarem

current read
Fire Me Up

shuffling in the cd changer

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com