a jolt of reality
coffee cup
reality: n. something to be tampered with only after several cups of coffee.

Road to Writing
When I first started, I thought all you had to do is write a book. Can you say *naive*, boys and girls? Join me on my journey as a pre- published writer looking to see my name on the cover of a book. I'll talk about all the bumps, bruises, joys and frustrations I encounter along the way.

current mood

recent posts

archives

progress
Burn Me Once
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
49,500 / 100,000
(49.0%)

Shifting Rhythms

Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
24,000 / 100,000
(24.0%)

credits
Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Image Hosting

Template Design by Miz Graphics

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Jabber Jaws

They call him Jabber Jabber Jabber Jabber Jabber Jabber Jabber Jaws...

After I got off the phone with my neighbor this morning, the theme song from that classic cartoon started running through my head. Not in reference to her, but me. I've never been one to sit on the phone and blab, but for some reason, when she and I get on the phone together, I can talk for hours. And the sad thing is we live right next door to each other.

Anyway, I got about half of yesterday's list done. I ended up splitting the difference -- got as much of the list taken care of before I picked my son up from school as I could, and then wrote after that. I'm so much closer to finishing the end-of-the-book summary! It's like when there's a word you want to use--it's on the tip of your tongue but you still can't get it. The end of the last part of this summary is in sight, and if I reach my arm out and stretch, my fingers almost brush the edges of it but I can't yet grab it. It's so close.

But of course, once I finish that part, I have to go back to the middle-of-the-book summary and fill in the giant whole that occupies the space from where I left off to the beginning of the end. Still so much to do.

So this morning, I took my notebook with me when I went with my husband for his haircut, and I wrote while sitting in the chairs waiting for him--even had an idea to help with the book's resolution . Got home, called my neighbor, jabbered with her for a while. Then I mopped my kitchen (with a husband, two kids, and two dogs, my kitchen always needs to be mopped), and now I'm sitting down and blogging. When I finish this, I'll grab something to eat, then probably go back to writing. With all the progress I've been making, I'm anxious to do more!

Edited to add: My husband just called to let me know our Disney vacation is booked and paid for! It'll be our first time staying on the property, and we'll be in the Contemporary Hotel. WOO HOO! *insert happy butt wiggle here*

---

MOOD: Feeling productive!
MUSIC: "Far Beyond the World" by Ten
PROGRESS: About 5 hand-written pages between last night and this morning
WHAT I'M READING: The Pleasure Slave by Gena Showalter

3 Comments:

  • Splitting the difference is often the best option *g* (she says, noticing the laundry pile seems to grow every time she walks past the laundry room to get more coffee!)

    Good luck with the middle of the book bit.

    Great news about the book at Disney!!

    By Blogger Tess, at 9:36 AM  

  • Thanks, Tess!

    And I thought it was the best option until I got a look at my living room. *shaking head* Gotta get this place cleaned before Disney. But I won't let it interfere with writing! Not too much, anyway. *g*

    By Blogger Lynn, at 11:26 AM  

  • Give Donald a big hug from me! I love that duck! *vbg*

    By Blogger Silma, at 10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta-ish, Georgia, United States

I'm a wife, a mom, an operating room nurse, a writer, a hobby photographer, and a music lover who knits and crochets. And I'm fairly certain I've lost my mind.

daily visits
Adro's Mumbling & Bumbling
Cece's Big Mouth
Conversations About Famous People
Cynthia Justlin
Diana's Diversions
A Diva's Journey
Eve Jameson
Four Kids and a Blog
Gina's Ramblings
Jax's Artistic Journey
Jerri's Journey to Publication
Jordan Summers
Kate Rothwell
Larissa's Soapbox
Lori Devoti
Laura Bacchi's Bits
Marie's Blog
Marty Kindall
Road to Publication & Beyond
Sasha White
Sheri Haynes
Silma Pagan
The Soapbox
Southern Gal Goes North
Stephanie Tyler
Sylvia Day
Teresa Harrison
Undefinable Qualities
Yankeebob's Blog

places to visit
Lynn Daniels, Author
Romance Divas
My Webshots Site
Charlotte's Resources for Romance Writers
Romance Writers of America
From the Heart Online Chapter
RWA Online Chapter

music sites
Melodic Rock.com
NEH Records
Vaughn
Final Frontier
STYXworld.com
Journey
Hugo
Harem Scarem

current read
Fire Me Up

shuffling in the cd changer

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com