a jolt of reality
coffee cup
reality: n. something to be tampered with only after several cups of coffee.

Road to Writing
When I first started, I thought all you had to do is write a book. Can you say *naive*, boys and girls? Join me on my journey as a pre- published writer looking to see my name on the cover of a book. I'll talk about all the bumps, bruises, joys and frustrations I encounter along the way.

current mood

recent posts

archives

progress
Burn Me Once
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
49,500 / 100,000
(49.0%)

Shifting Rhythms

Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
24,000 / 100,000
(24.0%)

credits
Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Image Hosting

Template Design by Miz Graphics

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

That's Mrs. Jericho to you stud muffins!

Afternoon, everyone. Millie Jericho, here. Thought I bought the farm, didn't you?

If you don't remember me, I'm a character in Lynn's Burn Me Once, and a long time ago she said I could use her blog once in a while. If you wanna read my old pearls of wisdom, check here and here and Lynn first introduced me here.

Anyhoo, she said I could use her blog, but she never gives her computer up. "Sorry, Millie, I'm writing." "Sorry, Millie, I'm answering e-mail." "Sorry, Millie, I'm taking a workshop." Sorry Millie Sorry Millie Sorry Millie...COW PATTIES! Workshops and e-mails, my wrinkled hindquarters. I know what she's really doing. She forgets I live in her head (still scary as a red-eyed bull) and can see what's going on. She ain't doing those things. She's ogling pictures of stud muffins and watching those rock videos over and over again. Though I don't really mind those videos. Those two men are--what's the word? Hotties.

All I want to do is hop out here and talk to you nice folks once in a while. Maybe meet a Stud Muffin of my own. Is that too much to ask? Whatever happened to respecting your elders?

But I got her back. She ain't opened my story since the peanut guy was president--yes, I know she says it's Chad and Dakota's story, but you and I know the truth; it's mine--but she finally opened it up the other night. She had Dakota walking to the edge of town, confuzzled--I just learned that word, isn't it a pip?--confuzzled by her feelings for her Stud Muffin. When she stops and sits down on a footbridge, I enter stage right. So I follow along, and even give Dakota my trademark, "Hiya, Moon Pie!" greeting. But after that, I ain't sayin' a thing. I can't whistle, so I squinted up at the clouds and called out the shapes I saw. "Look, a giraffe!" "Look, space rocket!" "Look, a penis!"

Lynn got so irritated, she closed the file. Not sure when I'll be nice to her again. Since she waited months to let me blog (and she didn't really let me--I'm sneaking on while she's in the shower), I'm a-thinkin' it'll be months before she gets any good stuff out of me.

Millie......

Oh, horse hockey. She's back.

8 Comments:

  • Hmm.. I've seen a lot of shapes in clouds, but never one resembling a penis. *rofl*

    By Blogger Silma, at 8:43 AM  

  • Back when I was in high school, my mother claimed to. We were moving, I was driving behind her, and she was wandering all over the road. Later, when I asked her why she couldn't drive straight, she claimed to have seen a cloud that looked like an erect penis.

    I doubt she could have said anything that would have shocked me more. *g*

    By Blogger Lynn, at 10:06 AM  

  • Lynn *LOL*

    By Blogger Silma, at 3:25 PM  

  • Millie my love! Welcome back. You need to escape more. Plus you need to dump that Dakota guy and consider giving your Yankee loving stud muffin in MD the chance to show you what a real good time is. (I see clouds shaped like many wonderful things...)

    Well, maybe stud muffin is stretching it a bit, but you know what i mean. ;)

    By Blogger Yankeebob, at 10:34 AM  

  • Ooh! I've found a stud muffin!

    First, Yankeebob, Dakota (my Moon Pie) is a girl, my kinda gal. Her Stud Muffin is Chad (glad he's with my Moon Pie instead of that cold fish ex-fiance of his).

    You like more experienced women, Bob? I'm sure we could come up with things to do with my walker.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:53 PM  

  • So Millie, are you saying you like women too or am I just getting excited for nothing here? And trust me, I'm sure we could come up with lots of things to do with your walker. ;)

    By Blogger Yankeebob, at 4:44 PM  

  • So Millie, are you saying you like women too or am I just getting excited for nothing here? And trust me, I'm sure we could come up with lots of things to do with your walker. ;)

    By Blogger Yankeebob, at 4:45 PM  

  • So Millie, are you saying you like women too or am I just getting excited for nothing here? And trust me, I'm sure we could come up with lots of things to do with your walker. ;)

    By Blogger Yankeebob, at 4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta-ish, Georgia, United States

I'm a wife, a mom, an operating room nurse, a writer, a hobby photographer, and a music lover who knits and crochets. And I'm fairly certain I've lost my mind.

daily visits
Adro's Mumbling & Bumbling
Cece's Big Mouth
Conversations About Famous People
Cynthia Justlin
Diana's Diversions
A Diva's Journey
Eve Jameson
Four Kids and a Blog
Gina's Ramblings
Jax's Artistic Journey
Jerri's Journey to Publication
Jordan Summers
Kate Rothwell
Larissa's Soapbox
Lori Devoti
Laura Bacchi's Bits
Marie's Blog
Marty Kindall
Road to Publication & Beyond
Sasha White
Sheri Haynes
Silma Pagan
The Soapbox
Southern Gal Goes North
Stephanie Tyler
Sylvia Day
Teresa Harrison
Undefinable Qualities
Yankeebob's Blog

places to visit
Lynn Daniels, Author
Romance Divas
My Webshots Site
Charlotte's Resources for Romance Writers
Romance Writers of America
From the Heart Online Chapter
RWA Online Chapter

music sites
Melodic Rock.com
NEH Records
Vaughn
Final Frontier
STYXworld.com
Journey
Hugo
Harem Scarem

current read
Fire Me Up

shuffling in the cd changer

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com