a jolt of reality
coffee cup
reality: n. something to be tampered with only after several cups of coffee.

Road to Writing
When I first started, I thought all you had to do is write a book. Can you say *naive*, boys and girls? Join me on my journey as a pre- published writer looking to see my name on the cover of a book. I'll talk about all the bumps, bruises, joys and frustrations I encounter along the way.

current mood

recent posts

archives

progress
Burn Me Once
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
49,500 / 100,000
(49.0%)

Shifting Rhythms

Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
24,000 / 100,000
(24.0%)

credits
Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Image Hosting

Template Design by Miz Graphics

Monday, May 02, 2005

Attack of the IDONWANNAS

It was a weird weekend. It started out well enough...Friday afternoon I went with my husband to pay for a mixing console he purchased for the studio. A monster of a thing—throw a sheet and pillows on it and it’d look like the bed I had when I single. The owner of the studio introduced himself, shook my hand, and asked if I was a “recordist”. I was very flattered.

That afternoon, my 5-year-old finally rode his bike without training wheels. After my daughter pushed him around the front lawn a couple times and he took a couple bad spills, he was off and running. Now he rides like an old pro.

That night I met up with one of my CPs for a few drinks and some loud rock n’ roll. I had just picked up my new blue contact lenses (kind of fun to change my eye color!), and I actually received a compliment. Plus I had a great time with Teresa, as I always do.

Saturday it was back to the studio to drop some things off and meet up with one of the artists who’s been recording there. Ended up hanging out and chatting all afternoon.

But Sunday’s when it got weird. My husband took my truck to work, and he had to work late, so it was just the kids and me at home. But the kids took off to terrorize the neighborhood (in other words, play with their friends), so it was just me. Prime writing time, right?

That’s when the IDONWANNAS slammed me. BAM! Like a stone thrown at the center of my forehead. I did read one of the forums at Romance Divas...only because I’m required to as a moderator. But I didn’t read e-mail, didn’t post anything. Got the forum out of the way, closed Rocky, and put him aside.

Why was I suddenly struck by the IDONWANNAS? I’m not sure. Could be that female monthly curse. Could be that my husband’s preparing for a business trip. Could be my kids driving me nuts. Or it could just be that I needed a break from the internet and writing world. I did read a couple books, then immersed myself in the 4th season of The West Wing, watching every episode back-to-back-to-back. And as I listened to the commentary, how they used this lens or that effect or blocked the scene this way, I wanted to pull out my cameras.

But I didn’t. Damned IDONWANNAS.

Today, though, I have to get back to business. It’s a HAFTA. I HAFTA finish my crits. A month-long synopsis workshop started yesterday, and I HAFTA read those posts. I HAFTA reaffirm my presence at RD. I HAFTA get caught up with my RWA chapters. And I HAFTA do something with BMO and IH.

Luckily, writing this blog entry has helped me get back in the mood to connect with my online friends and interests. And maybe the IDONWANNAS have finally gotten bored and left for greener pastures.

2 Comments:

  • Yeah, they left and came to visit me..The Mower Fixer Man said he would have it back today when I was figuring 4 days..the IDONWANNA'S were right there!

    By Blogger Sharon, at 3:38 PM  

  • Lynn - yep, I get them all the time. Think it's pretty common for most writers. Usually I find if I force myself, within ten mins I'm so lost in my story, all goes well. But sometimes, nothing feels righ and I just let the IDONWANNAS have their way with me :-)

    By Blogger Tess, at 10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta-ish, Georgia, United States

I'm a wife, a mom, an operating room nurse, a writer, a hobby photographer, and a music lover who knits and crochets. And I'm fairly certain I've lost my mind.

daily visits
Adro's Mumbling & Bumbling
Cece's Big Mouth
Conversations About Famous People
Cynthia Justlin
Diana's Diversions
A Diva's Journey
Eve Jameson
Four Kids and a Blog
Gina's Ramblings
Jax's Artistic Journey
Jerri's Journey to Publication
Jordan Summers
Kate Rothwell
Larissa's Soapbox
Lori Devoti
Laura Bacchi's Bits
Marie's Blog
Marty Kindall
Road to Publication & Beyond
Sasha White
Sheri Haynes
Silma Pagan
The Soapbox
Southern Gal Goes North
Stephanie Tyler
Sylvia Day
Teresa Harrison
Undefinable Qualities
Yankeebob's Blog

places to visit
Lynn Daniels, Author
Romance Divas
My Webshots Site
Charlotte's Resources for Romance Writers
Romance Writers of America
From the Heart Online Chapter
RWA Online Chapter

music sites
Melodic Rock.com
NEH Records
Vaughn
Final Frontier
STYXworld.com
Journey
Hugo
Harem Scarem

current read
Fire Me Up

shuffling in the cd changer

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com