a jolt of reality
coffee cup
reality: n. something to be tampered with only after several cups of coffee.

Road to Writing
When I first started, I thought all you had to do is write a book. Can you say *naive*, boys and girls? Join me on my journey as a pre- published writer looking to see my name on the cover of a book. I'll talk about all the bumps, bruises, joys and frustrations I encounter along the way.

current mood

recent posts

archives

progress
Burn Me Once
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
49,500 / 100,000
(49.0%)

Shifting Rhythms

Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
24,000 / 100,000
(24.0%)

credits
Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Image Hosting

Template Design by Miz Graphics

Monday, April 18, 2005

Oh, The Wonders of Modern Technology

My internet access was knocked out by a storm.

I was happily be-bopping along, working on getting caught up after vacation, and we were hit by a nasty storm. Pea-sized hail and everything. Next thing I know, no internet. Phooey. So much for getting caught up. Luckily, it's finally back.

So while it was out, I decided to get caught up elsewhere, starting with weeding my garden (Saturday was a gorgeous day). You may remember I broke my ankle last spring, and I haven't been able to weed my garden since. And it shows. So, Saturday afternoon, while my husband and son were down at the studio, and my daughter was away at a birthday party, I pulled on my gardening gloves, grabbed my gardening shovel, and headed out front. Made good progress, too. But, oh, am I regretting it now. I've never known such back pain. My husband says it's a sign I need to get out and do more gardening, that I'll regret it if I don't. I want to know how I'm supposed to do more gardening when I can't even bend over?

Since I could barely move yesterday, I got back to work on BMO with the FDi30D method. Good news! I finally filled the whole between where I left off writing and the beginning of the end of my story! WOO HOO! Today I'll start on the Dialogue Worksheet, and continue working on the Story Evolution Worksheet. And since I signed up for the FTHRW BIAW this week with a goal of 20 hours, I anticipate making great progress.

Friday afternoon I finally had the opportunity to meet another of my CPs. Teresa and I got together for lunch with Eve Jameson, as she happened to be in town. You know how when you usually meet somebody in real life that you've been online friends with, they're usually very different from their online persona? (And did that sentence even make sense?) This has happened to me a few times. I won't say I was disappointed those times, but it was pretty weird. Anyway, Eve's just like she is in her e-mails, which was very cool. The three of us had a great lunch, which ended too soon, since I had to get back to pick up my son from school. I'm just sorry Eve doesn't live closer so we could get together more often.

Oh, and my truck. It went in for service Friday morning. They fixed all the problems, except I got it back Friday evening with a big hole in the dash where my CD changer used to be. Yup, they removed it to send out for repair. They said it'd be back Tuesday, but until then, no tunes in the truck.

Yeah, right.

After my daughter's Friday night soccer game, I stopped at Wal-Mart and picked up a small boom box. The music doesn't sound as good as it does coming through the truck's sound system, but at least I have tunes now. My husband about laughed his tail off, said I couldn't even take one trip in the truck before the silence drove me nuts.

He was right. What can I say? Love my music.

Anyway, I need to quit blogging and work on getting caught back up on e-mails and bulletin boards, then work on BMO. I wonder if the Romance Divas boards are finally back up?

---

MUSIC: "Come to Be My Friend" by Shaw/Blades
PROGRESS: 21 handwritten pages yesterday!

2 Comments:

  • That is so funny about going to get a cd player for your truck! You are a music lover for sure. :)

    By Blogger Yankeebob, at 12:25 PM  

  • There isn't a person who knows me who'd dispute that! And now, even though the CD changer's back in my truck, my husband is still shaking his head about that boom box.

    By Blogger Lynn, at 6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta-ish, Georgia, United States

I'm a wife, a mom, an operating room nurse, a writer, a hobby photographer, and a music lover who knits and crochets. And I'm fairly certain I've lost my mind.

daily visits
Adro's Mumbling & Bumbling
Cece's Big Mouth
Conversations About Famous People
Cynthia Justlin
Diana's Diversions
A Diva's Journey
Eve Jameson
Four Kids and a Blog
Gina's Ramblings
Jax's Artistic Journey
Jerri's Journey to Publication
Jordan Summers
Kate Rothwell
Larissa's Soapbox
Lori Devoti
Laura Bacchi's Bits
Marie's Blog
Marty Kindall
Road to Publication & Beyond
Sasha White
Sheri Haynes
Silma Pagan
The Soapbox
Southern Gal Goes North
Stephanie Tyler
Sylvia Day
Teresa Harrison
Undefinable Qualities
Yankeebob's Blog

places to visit
Lynn Daniels, Author
Romance Divas
My Webshots Site
Charlotte's Resources for Romance Writers
Romance Writers of America
From the Heart Online Chapter
RWA Online Chapter

music sites
Melodic Rock.com
NEH Records
Vaughn
Final Frontier
STYXworld.com
Journey
Hugo
Harem Scarem

current read
Fire Me Up

shuffling in the cd changer

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com