a jolt of reality
coffee cup
reality: n. something to be tampered with only after several cups of coffee.

Road to Writing
When I first started, I thought all you had to do is write a book. Can you say *naive*, boys and girls? Join me on my journey as a pre- published writer looking to see my name on the cover of a book. I'll talk about all the bumps, bruises, joys and frustrations I encounter along the way.

current mood

recent posts

archives

progress
Burn Me Once
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
49,500 / 100,000
(49.0%)

Shifting Rhythms

Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
24,000 / 100,000
(24.0%)

credits
Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Image Hosting

Template Design by Miz Graphics

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

OMG, YUM!

I had the most amazing dinner of my life last night. We went to Fogo de Chão in Buckhead. My husband had eaten there last month for a business dinner, then came back and told me he would have to take me there someday. And someday was last night.

Fogo de Chão is a Brazilian steakhouse. We all ended up referring to it as a carnivore's paradise. After we were seated, the restaurant concept was explained to us, and then we hit the extensive and somewhat unusual salad bar. We all finished our salads then turned our cards over. What does that mean?

Every diner is given a little round card, red on one side, green on the other. The restaurant's brochure says Fogo de Chão features continuous tableside service of fifteen different delectable cuts of beef, pork, lamb and chicken... Patrons control their service with a small green and red-sided chip. The green side signals the "Gaucho" chefs to bring out skewers of sizzling meats to the table, while the red side indicates a stopping point.

These "Gaucho" chefs, as the brochure says, roam the restaurant with different meats on skewers. They ask if you'd like whatever meat they're holding, and then upon your consent, begin to slice some off for you, which you retrieve with special little tongs. And they keep coming, until you finally flip your card back over to red in defeat.

Everything they served tasted amazing. I mean, totally amazing. I didn't want to stop eating, although my body was telling me if I didnt, I'd soon have meat coming out of my ears. I did finally stop, though, and by the time the dessert menu came around, I thought I might be able to stuff in just a little bit more. Tiramisu. YUM!

The meal wasn't cheap--$45.50 per plate plus drinks and dessert. But in my personal opinion, it was all completely worth it.

On the writing front, I just finished typing in my longhand summary for FDi30D Worksheet 7. One more scene summarized, and that worksheet will be done. It's taken me a little longer than the book schedules, but Karen Wiesner (FDi30D's author) does say we should work at our own pace. And since I'm still getting a feel for this method, I assumed it would take me a little longer. I'm sure my own methods will become more streamlined as I continue to work the method.

I'm just happy the scene ideas are still flowing.

5 Comments:

  • Another Teresa here!

    Mmmm - sounds like a yummy meal. Definitely a place my dh AND my brother-in-law would love to visit *g*. Cool thing with the little round card.

    Thanks for the continued updates on your FDin30D progress :-)

    By Blogger Tess, at 8:09 AM  

  • Hi Teresa and Teresa (that sounds funny *g*). It was an amazing meal! Any day now I'll start bugging my husband to go back, just to watch him roll his eyes at me.

    By Blogger Lynn, at 8:53 AM  

  • Now that sounds like my kind of restaurant! I'm mostly carnivore anyway. I'd have to skip that salad trip to save room for all the roving chef treats!

    BTW, I love Tiramisu!! One of my all time favorites.

    By Blogger Yankeebob, at 10:03 AM  

  • Well, sounds like you and your DH had a great time - alone. *winks winks*

    By Blogger Silma, at 12:37 PM  

  • Yummy for sure..and the Tiramaisu to top it off..perfect!

    By Blogger Sharon, at 1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta-ish, Georgia, United States

I'm a wife, a mom, an operating room nurse, a writer, a hobby photographer, and a music lover who knits and crochets. And I'm fairly certain I've lost my mind.

daily visits
Adro's Mumbling & Bumbling
Cece's Big Mouth
Conversations About Famous People
Cynthia Justlin
Diana's Diversions
A Diva's Journey
Eve Jameson
Four Kids and a Blog
Gina's Ramblings
Jax's Artistic Journey
Jerri's Journey to Publication
Jordan Summers
Kate Rothwell
Larissa's Soapbox
Lori Devoti
Laura Bacchi's Bits
Marie's Blog
Marty Kindall
Road to Publication & Beyond
Sasha White
Sheri Haynes
Silma Pagan
The Soapbox
Southern Gal Goes North
Stephanie Tyler
Sylvia Day
Teresa Harrison
Undefinable Qualities
Yankeebob's Blog

places to visit
Lynn Daniels, Author
Romance Divas
My Webshots Site
Charlotte's Resources for Romance Writers
Romance Writers of America
From the Heart Online Chapter
RWA Online Chapter

music sites
Melodic Rock.com
NEH Records
Vaughn
Final Frontier
STYXworld.com
Journey
Hugo
Harem Scarem

current read
Fire Me Up

shuffling in the cd changer

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com