a jolt of reality
coffee cup
reality: n. something to be tampered with only after several cups of coffee.

Road to Writing
When I first started, I thought all you had to do is write a book. Can you say *naive*, boys and girls? Join me on my journey as a pre- published writer looking to see my name on the cover of a book. I'll talk about all the bumps, bruises, joys and frustrations I encounter along the way.

current mood

recent posts

archives

progress
Burn Me Once
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
49,500 / 100,000
(49.0%)

Shifting Rhythms

Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
24,000 / 100,000
(24.0%)

credits
Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Image Hosting

Template Design by Miz Graphics

Monday, March 28, 2005

Rain Rain Go Away

It's been raining pretty solidly since late Saturday night. The blah skies outside have given me a bit of a blah feeling inside. As I sit here watching Sliders on the SciFi Network, I can't help but wonder if anything will help that blah feeling go away.

Tonight my husband is taking me out for a nice dinner, so I have things I have to get done today. I need to call the sitter and tell her what time to be here. I have to clean the first floor of my house so I won't be embarrassed when she arrives. I have to get my hair trimmed and my nails done.

Okay, those last two things aren't haftas, but wantas. Regardless, they're all still on my list.

One of the Sliders plots this morning made me wonder if I could write a book like that. If you're not familiar with the show, it's about four people who have a device (invented by one of the show's characters) that transports them to parallel universes for finite periods of time. Their main objective is to find their way back to their universe.

Anyway, in this episode, Quinn, Collin, Remmy and Maggie slid into a world where drug use was mandatory, and the Quinn of that world had been imprisoned for spreading anti-drug propoganda.

Interesting premise. Could make an interesting story. Or a it could make for a really stupid story that has people shaking their heads and throwing the book against the wall shouting, "Impossible! It'll never happen!" I'll just add it to my list and let it sit a while.

Today, that grindstone is knocking me in the head. "C'mon, Lynn. You promised you'd put your nose to me and get back to work."

Yeah, yeah, yeah. It's on my list. Once I get all my haftas done today, I'll sit down and finish the FDi30D worksheet 7 in between yelling at my kids to clean their rooms.

Now...what am I going to wear tonight?

3 Comments:

  • Then send the rain my way. We could use it badly. It's been 4 months since it last rained. Wildfires are popping everywhere.

    Have a wonderful dinner tonight. ;)

    By Blogger Silma, at 4:23 PM  

  • Lynn - enjoy your dinner out!

    And I'm way jealous you get to see repeats of Sliders. I loved it (when it had the original cast).

    Could also use some of your rain - we need to melt the last of the snow. So send it on up our way, please :-) I'm happy to take it from you LOL.

    By Blogger Tess, at 5:12 PM  

  • Silma and Tess -- We went through the drought thing here a few years back, but I'd say it's definitely over now. It's storming at this very moment, and the thunder's been loud enough to set off the car alarm across the street. I hope you both get rain soon!

    Tess--I agree about the original Sliders cast. That first season on the Fox Network was great! Too bad the Fox Execs had to mess with the show.

    By Blogger Lynn, at 8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta-ish, Georgia, United States

I'm a wife, a mom, an operating room nurse, a writer, a hobby photographer, and a music lover who knits and crochets. And I'm fairly certain I've lost my mind.

daily visits
Adro's Mumbling & Bumbling
Cece's Big Mouth
Conversations About Famous People
Cynthia Justlin
Diana's Diversions
A Diva's Journey
Eve Jameson
Four Kids and a Blog
Gina's Ramblings
Jax's Artistic Journey
Jerri's Journey to Publication
Jordan Summers
Kate Rothwell
Larissa's Soapbox
Lori Devoti
Laura Bacchi's Bits
Marie's Blog
Marty Kindall
Road to Publication & Beyond
Sasha White
Sheri Haynes
Silma Pagan
The Soapbox
Southern Gal Goes North
Stephanie Tyler
Sylvia Day
Teresa Harrison
Undefinable Qualities
Yankeebob's Blog

places to visit
Lynn Daniels, Author
Romance Divas
My Webshots Site
Charlotte's Resources for Romance Writers
Romance Writers of America
From the Heart Online Chapter
RWA Online Chapter

music sites
Melodic Rock.com
NEH Records
Vaughn
Final Frontier
STYXworld.com
Journey
Hugo
Harem Scarem

current read
Fire Me Up

shuffling in the cd changer

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com