a jolt of reality
coffee cup
reality: n. something to be tampered with only after several cups of coffee.

Road to Writing
When I first started, I thought all you had to do is write a book. Can you say *naive*, boys and girls? Join me on my journey as a pre- published writer looking to see my name on the cover of a book. I'll talk about all the bumps, bruises, joys and frustrations I encounter along the way.

current mood

recent posts

archives

progress
Burn Me Once
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
49,500 / 100,000
(49.0%)

Shifting Rhythms

Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
24,000 / 100,000
(24.0%)

credits
Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Image Hosting

Template Design by Miz Graphics

Thursday, March 31, 2005

It's a Wonderful Day in the Neighborhood

Pardon my Mister Rogers moment, but I thought the song was fitting. It's a horrible day out--stormy and gray--the perfect day to curl up in front of a roaring fire with a cup of hot chocolate. Except I don't have any firewood. Or hot chocolate.

Instead I'm sitting on my bed, Rocky warming my lap, a glass of water by my side. Not really the same thing. I won't even slide down under the covers because I've made the bed and I don't need to add yet another thing to my "To Do" list. Ah, hell. At least I'll find out who got booted from American Idol last night (thank goodness for TiVo!).

Am I whining? Tough. *g* It's a whiny kind of day. The good news is my daughter's soccer game has already been cancelled, so that's an extra 1-1/2 hours I'll get to tackle my "To Do" list. Oh, and my shower this morning felt really really really good. Why do showers feel better some days than others?

I'm thigh-deep in vacation preparations. Yesterday I researched Disney restaurants and made our Priority Seating arrangements. We invited my mother to drive up from South Florida and spend a day with us...she decided to make a week out of it. I had to call the Disney Reservations line and find out what that would add to our bill. I hope my husband remembers to call and get that taken care of.

And on top of vacation itinerary prep, I have to find a way to get this house cleaned before we leave. Can't be embarrassed when the neighbors come in to take care of the dogs, now, can I? There's also tons of laundry to be done, and my husband wants me to have my truck detailed. Doesn't look like I'll be taking care of the truck today, though.

Then there's my writing. I owe two crits, and I'm hoping to get those out before we leave. Ideally, I'd also like to get those FDi30D Worksheet 6 holes filled before we go, too. But I've decided to let the IH synopsis sit until we get back. That means I've got three days to finish two crits and a worksheet. I can do it. Power of positive thinking, right?

In the midst of all my running around like a headless chicken, I did have one bright spot last night. Okay, more than one, but this one was really bright. Final Frontier's Rob Moratti e-mailed to thank me for my recent comments about their new release, High Tension Wire. He also forwarded along some photos of him performing with Survivor's (the band, not the show) Jimi Jamison last week at a fund raiser. The song was "I Can't Hold Back". Damn, but I wish I could have heard that performance!

And now it's time for me to stop rambling and get to work!

---

MOOD: Gray and somewhat frazzled
PROGRESS: Got all my longhand pages from Worksheet 7 typed in and printed last night
WHAT I'M READING: Get Bunny Love by Kathleen Long

8 Comments:

  • Lynn - good luck with your to do list! Sounds like a full plate! But cuddling up with a pet is always a good way to relax. Sending you cyber hot chocolate :-)

    By Blogger Tess, at 9:15 AM  

  • VERY full plate, and whining is perfectly fine! *g*

    Have fun at Disney--it was miserable when we were there. WAY too crowded!

    By Blogger Larissa Ione, at 9:50 AM  

  • Oh cool... I had such a huge crush with the singer of Survivor, J. Jamison. *g*
    Have fun in Disney!!!

    By Blogger Silma, at 10:36 AM  

  • OK Lynn, where have you been hiding? :(

    By Blogger Yankeebob, at 12:27 PM  

  • Tess -- Thanks for the hot chocolate. Never did get that whole To Do list done, but I did finish enough to be satisfied.

    By Blogger Lynn, at 10:10 AM  

  • Larissa -- Thanks for letting me whine. *g* A good whine is always helpful.

    Is Disney ever not crowded? That's why staying in the park was so awesome. We got into the parks before the masses and stayed late.

    By Blogger Lynn, at 10:12 AM  

  • Silma -- You and me, both! But then, I had a bunch of rock star crushes. *g*

    By Blogger Lynn, at 10:13 AM  

  • I'm back, Yankeebob! We were playing with Mickey Mouse and friends for a week.

    By Blogger Lynn, at 10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta-ish, Georgia, United States

I'm a wife, a mom, an operating room nurse, a writer, a hobby photographer, and a music lover who knits and crochets. And I'm fairly certain I've lost my mind.

daily visits
Adro's Mumbling & Bumbling
Cece's Big Mouth
Conversations About Famous People
Cynthia Justlin
Diana's Diversions
A Diva's Journey
Eve Jameson
Four Kids and a Blog
Gina's Ramblings
Jax's Artistic Journey
Jerri's Journey to Publication
Jordan Summers
Kate Rothwell
Larissa's Soapbox
Lori Devoti
Laura Bacchi's Bits
Marie's Blog
Marty Kindall
Road to Publication & Beyond
Sasha White
Sheri Haynes
Silma Pagan
The Soapbox
Southern Gal Goes North
Stephanie Tyler
Sylvia Day
Teresa Harrison
Undefinable Qualities
Yankeebob's Blog

places to visit
Lynn Daniels, Author
Romance Divas
My Webshots Site
Charlotte's Resources for Romance Writers
Romance Writers of America
From the Heart Online Chapter
RWA Online Chapter

music sites
Melodic Rock.com
NEH Records
Vaughn
Final Frontier
STYXworld.com
Journey
Hugo
Harem Scarem

current read
Fire Me Up

shuffling in the cd changer

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com