a jolt of reality
coffee cup
reality: n. something to be tampered with only after several cups of coffee.

Road to Writing
When I first started, I thought all you had to do is write a book. Can you say *naive*, boys and girls? Join me on my journey as a pre- published writer looking to see my name on the cover of a book. I'll talk about all the bumps, bruises, joys and frustrations I encounter along the way.

current mood

recent posts

archives

progress
Burn Me Once
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
49,500 / 100,000
(49.0%)

Shifting Rhythms

Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
24,000 / 100,000
(24.0%)

credits
Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Image Hosting

Template Design by Miz Graphics

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Insanity strikes again!

What was I thinking?

My daughter's soccer coach called last week, and wanted to know if we wanted to put her in the tournament this weekend. The official season for our county recreation center is over, so this is over and above. I called my husband to see what he said . . . he was all for it.

Of course he was! It's not his butt that's gonna be sitting on icy metal bleachers during two nighttime practices this week!

And, our whole weekend is shot now. OK. That's unkind. It's not shot. But it will be filled with tournament play.

I ask again: What was I thinking?

Not much happening on the writing front. It seems I've become the Queen of Procrastination.

I can't write. My kids are bugging me.

I can't write. We're going hiking.

I can't write. I have to get caught up with TiVo so it doesn't delete something I want to see.

I can't write. I need a nap.

In my own defense, I seem to be more productive when either nobody else is home or when everybody's asleep. When I can open Rocky up, pop the headphones on, and get lost. And that hasn't been happening since the holiday.

The good news is, I had a great dream the other night that sparked an idea. It's the same way IH came to me, but this time, I didn't dream the whole story like I had with IH. Just a few good scenes. Yesterday, I downloaded Post-It software from the Post-It Notes site, and started storyboarding.

Yeah, I know. That's just more procrastination. But at least it's something.

3 Comments:

  • I ask you: What were you thinking?

    Sorry, I couldn't resist doing that for some reason. Doesn't sound like a pleasant weekend coming. Good luck.

    Maybe it's not procrastination. Maybe you just need a break or something. Maybe you just need the solitude. I can't create with a bunch of hub-bub. (That word was fun to write.)

    I didn't know that Post-It had software. Does the Post-It software put little slips of paper looking notes on your desktop? That would be neat.

    By Blogger Yankeebob, at 12:53 PM  

  • I'm so scattered these days I can't seem to write anything worthwhile either... take that time out for yourself, it will come back to you! :)

    By Blogger Kim, at 1:15 PM  

  • Bob -- Funny Guy! Yeah, I found out the weekend was even worse than I thought. My daughter has two games Saturday (9:30 and 3:30) and one or two games on Sunday (depending on whether or not they win). The first one? 8:30am! Which means I have to leave the house by 7. Which means I have to get up earlier than I do on school days. Gah.

    And I actually think my problem is I have been taking a break. I need to get back into the swing. Maybe tonight. My husband works late, so if I can herd the kids into bed early enough, it's headphone time!

    Post-It software. That's exactly what it does. The free version puts little notes on your desktop, and (I think) you can set little reminder alarms. I bought the standard version ($14.95) so I could have different colored notes and "memoboards". Very cool.

    By Blogger Lynn, at 2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta-ish, Georgia, United States

I'm a wife, a mom, an operating room nurse, a writer, a hobby photographer, and a music lover who knits and crochets. And I'm fairly certain I've lost my mind.

daily visits
Adro's Mumbling & Bumbling
Cece's Big Mouth
Conversations About Famous People
Cynthia Justlin
Diana's Diversions
A Diva's Journey
Eve Jameson
Four Kids and a Blog
Gina's Ramblings
Jax's Artistic Journey
Jerri's Journey to Publication
Jordan Summers
Kate Rothwell
Larissa's Soapbox
Lori Devoti
Laura Bacchi's Bits
Marie's Blog
Marty Kindall
Road to Publication & Beyond
Sasha White
Sheri Haynes
Silma Pagan
The Soapbox
Southern Gal Goes North
Stephanie Tyler
Sylvia Day
Teresa Harrison
Undefinable Qualities
Yankeebob's Blog

places to visit
Lynn Daniels, Author
Romance Divas
My Webshots Site
Charlotte's Resources for Romance Writers
Romance Writers of America
From the Heart Online Chapter
RWA Online Chapter

music sites
Melodic Rock.com
NEH Records
Vaughn
Final Frontier
STYXworld.com
Journey
Hugo
Harem Scarem

current read
Fire Me Up

shuffling in the cd changer

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com